Friday, July 03, 2009;

Just came back from Redang... shouldn't be up doing this now so this will just be a brief post I guess.

Have I ever mentioned that I love the members of 9th Tech Crew? =) They're all a really fun bunch, especially the people I've never known before this - Zheng Lu, Chunfeng, and Jingchen - as well as the people I didn't really know very well like Cheng Han and Ziwen.

Quite enjoyed the trip to Redang, got to spend time with a few of them, get to know them even better and gain new insight. Not gonna elaborate now =p

Snorkeling was a new experience for me. Some found it exciting, some got bored. Playing that thumb game in the middle of the sea!? =D Well, overall, I'm proud to say that I stuck together most of the time =p But I did end up wandering off by myself a few times *looks sheepish* :$ Especially on our last snorkeling trip, I really wanted to explore because I've only been seeing the same few fishes each time, and it being the last trip, I wanted to see as much as possible. So I wandered off on my own after many failed attempts at trying to get them to explore with me, when they would rather play the thumb game than swim around. Didn't venture as far as I would have liked because the current with cooler waters scared me, especially after someone told me the waters closer to the beach wasn't safe. Ziwen said I should have followed him =(

What I enjoyed most about snorkeling together was on our first snorkeling trip, when I held hands with Magdalene and we snorkeled together, pointing out interesting fishes to each other. It's sweet to be able to share your excitement with someone else =) Also, when she told me she pushed me away cuz she saw a jellyfish swimming between us... that was sweet too =)

Snorkeling alone was interesting too, from a different perspective. It's really breathtaking when you realise it's just you and the fishes. There's no sound of people talking; no sound of people kicking and splashing water noisily, disturbing my peace; no bubbles in my face or people pushing and shoving due to our poor ability to control our movements underwater when we're wearing that cumbersome lifejacket coupled with relatively strong currents. It's just blissfully peaceful and I simply cannot understand how people can stand making big and loud splashes in the water when they kick. Not only do they make lots of noise in the process, the bubbles are just plain annoying too. Ever tried swimming behind someone who kicks clumsily? Not only can you not see anything except excessive amounts of little bubbles clouding your vision, all you hear is that person's movements reverberating in your eardrums. How can anyone enjoy snorkeling like that?!

Swimming alone is also partly relaxing cuz I don't have to worry about being a nuisance to others too, hahaha =p When I'm swimming alone I don't have to rush and end up kicking above water, which is what creates the big splashes and lots of bubbles. Besides, I think even when I try to kick smoothly underwater, there's bound to be some bubbles still, but... well, there's no one behind me to get disturbed by it =p I can just focus on staying as quiet as possible. And it's really fun to pick a fish and follow it around!! =p I did this twice... The first time was at the Marine Park, when I followed this translucent orange fish with white stripes. You know those imaginary dialogues I have with soft toys? Yeah, I had them with the fishes instead =p I just let this orange fish which I mistakenly called Nemo show me around his turf till he brought me too far away from shore and the nearest person was far, far away. I had to take my leave and swim back, meeting some grouchy fishes on the way back. Well, I call them grouchy cuz they don't smile and just mind their own business. Which is what most fishes do =D Tsk, come on, they sound more interesting when they're labeled as grouchy =p Think of that garbage monster or whatever his name is from Sesame Street!!! Isn't he just adorable? =D

The second fish I followed around was the baby shark. I think Justin pointed one out, so I followed it around till I met a bigger baby shark. It wasn't too difficult keeping up with it, maybe cuz it was just cruising around, hehe. Followed it as it swam amidst a group of people from Redang Pelangi or the ones with the red lifejackets, and I continued for a short while more before I could bear to force myself to turn around and check if Ziwen and Abram were following. But I guess they didn't hear Justin when he spotted the first baby shark and were too busy looking for it to realise I was swimming after something so they didn't follow me, or they lost sight of the shark, or got bored and just didn't bother trailing the baby shark. Had to give up following the baby shark the rest of the way and turn back to rejoin them instead, and by then I just had enough time to look at the real Nemos (aka clown fishes) before it was time for me to go back, bathe and act in Abram's short film =( Well, I just really really enjoyed following the fishes around, going wherever they lead. The fact that I didn't get to swim together with others or that I had to cut short my pursuit of the fishes just makes me look forward to snorkeling with Hann =)

Was supposed to watch the sunrise on our last day at Redang. Weicheng came to wake us up, and Zheng Lu made sure I didn't laze in bed and end up going back to sleep, for which I'm very thankful =) Was gonna follow the rest when Sea Iaw and Ziwen came down, so I waited for them but by then we lost sight of the rest and didn't know where they went =( So we headed to the place that the receptionist suggested instead - the beach in front of Redang Bay Resort. Didn't get to see the full sunrise cuz it was obscured by clouds, but in a way I'm glad too, because then I get to watch the sunrise for real with Hann =p Had lots of fun taking pics with Sea Iaw and Ziwen too, so no regrets at all =) I guess I share the same sentiments as Dennis in this sense, cuz he said he wasn't as interested in appreciating how beautiful the fishes are as much as he was interested in the human interactions that took place. And he did seem quite taken by this girl named Grace =p Glad that I took a picture for the both of them then, if she means so much to him =)

That's all I really wanted to share about my trip to Redang... might elaborate more some other time. In a nutshell, the scenery was beautiful, the resort was nice, the food was good, but I'm still looking forward to experiencing it with you ;)


stuck on you 2:27 am

4 Hugs

2.30 am =( =(

By Anonymous YH, at 5:20 pm, July 03, 2009  

miss u so much..wish i could have been there :^) wanna take pics with u for real =) enjoy the view and relaxing environment away from the city..just the 2 of us =)

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:24 pm, July 03, 2009  

Justin is going back to Redang tonight.

I WANNA SEE GRACE

Glad you had fun... You were in no spirits to tell me anything on the cab. :/

I hope you have fun with him too. /sayang

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:39 pm, July 05, 2009  

Heys!!!! Next time u bring me go follow fishes k? I wanna swimmmmmmmmmmm n snorkel too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Miss those times when we swam in the pool together. Don't care whether there were bubbles or splashes. Those were best times! =D

By Blogger sleepy, at 2:38 am, July 19, 2009  

Give a hug




profile

.margaret.

.5 February.

.Aquarian.

.lost sheep.



wishes

.dance.

.DSLR.

.love and be loved.

.fly in the cockpit.

.ride a horse swiftly.









Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


tagboard




music

.爱错.
.Vanilla Twilight.
.Try by Asher Book.
.River Flows In You.
.Here I Am To Worship.
.Still.
.The Stand.
.From The Inside Out.
.Until We Bleed.



links

.Sleepy.
.A Quirky Girl's Thoughts.
.and this is what she said.
.Gutenberg.
.The Burgomeister's Books.
.Literature.org.
.it's furgerlicious!.



archives

August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
May 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
July 2010
September 2010
October 2010
June 2011






credits

designerblog
designerblogskins
cbox
aethereality
adobephotoshopCS2