Sunday, April 25, 2010;
A friend of mine, Brian Seetoh, recently posted a homily titled "Answering Scandal With Personal Holiness" by Fr. Roger J. Landry. I personally think it's very good (I can't think of a better word!! >.< ) and thought-provoking. Like he said, even among the twelve disciples that Jesus chose, one of them fell into sin and betrayed Jesus. "If the scandal caused by Judas was all the members of the early Church focused on, the Church would have been finished before it even started to grow." Hehe. More importantly, though, he made me realize that despite the imperfections of our priests, God never fails. Priests are, after all, chosen by God from among men, and thus face temptations just like you and me. However, "God has essentially made the sacraments 'priest-proof.'" =D When Napoleon said to Cardinal Consalvi, "I will destroy your Church!" "Je detruirai votre eglise!" The Cardinal said, "No you won't. Not even we have succeeded in doing that." Hahaha =D The devil can work through priests just as the devil can work through Napoleon. But it was never Napoleon vs the Church or Napoleon vs Cardinal Consalvi, Napoleon was trying to go against God and tadaaa~ Guess who triumphs over evil? =p
Sorry if I'm not as eloquent as Fr. Roger Landry, even though all I did was try to summarize his homily :$ I really liked Cardinal Consalvi's retort though =p Go read the note/homily, he talked about St Francis de Sales and St Francis of Assisi as well =) It's a little lengthy, but do read the part about "spiritual suicide".
In Mark 7:15, Jesus says, "Nothing that goes into a man from outside can make him unclean; it is the things that come out of a man that make him unclean." Nothing should affect you unless you allow it to, so don't fall into sin just because someone else sinned against you. =]
It's the end of yet another semester soon. As we stress over our exams and deadlines or as we worry about other things in life, let us not drift away from God and always make time for Him. Sometimes, it's not the quantity of time spent in prayer but the quality of it that matters =]
"May the LORD bless you and protect you" -Numbers 6:24
=)
stuck on you
3:37 pm
0 Hugs
Give a hug