Wednesday, April 07, 2010;

100th post! Woot =D

Let's not make it official though, cuz this is not the way I'd like to mark my 100th post. Since this 100th post includes quite a number of unpublished posts that remained as drafts in Blogger, I've decided to make a big fuss out of my actual 100th published post instead =p Buys myself some time to grow up and make my 100th post a significant milestone and a turning point. Hopefully my blogs will no longer be spurred by childish emotions and have more thought-provoking content thereafter, haha. Content with higher commercial value might go under a different blog... Who knows eh? Might eventually start one when I can force myself to sit down and spend time on it hehe.

That's not what I set out to blog about though. I wanted to say...


I'M A HOPELESS PROCRASTINATOR!!! HELPPPP!!!

I have an animal behaviour blog post to work on that is due by Friday (and God was already kind enough to give me an extension from Wednesday) and I'm not starting on it! You wanna know why? Simply because I'm such a bloody perfectionist who puts so much meaning into every little thing I do (you can tell from the paragraph about how meaningful an insignificant thing like my 100th post is to me, if you haven't noticed) that I dread making the life-changing decision of what animal to write about.

Even writing the article itself doesn't seem so daunting to me ever since Favourite Drummer Boy (can guess the origin of this nickname?) introduced the Animal Planet series to me which gave me the idea of searching for Youtube videos, and journals should not be too difficult to find. So basically the content is almost there. Once I've decided on an animal and the particular trait that makes it so interesting, I just have to come up with some nonsense and back it up with references and spice it up with pictures and the video and tadaaa! I'm done!!

BUT I JUST CAN'T GET MYSELF STARTED ON THE VERY FIRST STEP - CHOOSING AN ANIMAL AND A TRAIT THAT MAKES IT SO INTERESTING!

Gargh!!!

Partly because I don't feel particularly inspired right now and chances are any topic I chose would have been extensively researched upon and I'd just be plagiarizing someone's work because I can't come up with my own insight.

But still! It can't be that difficult right?? So why is it that I just can't bloody choose already!?!

The deadline's fast approaching and I've been working on it since last Friday - faithfully looking for videos on Youtube, cursing this little boy and his annoying voice that turns up in all his Animal Planet videos; I'm pretty sure I've read every single post by every other student taking LSM1303 hoping it'd give me some idea on how I could do mine but instead all I felt was a heightened awareness of how difficult it is to come up with something original; and I've gone through the entire list of Animal Planet's Most Extreme series on Wikipedia (which is very, very helpful) BUT STILL??! NOTHING~! NOTHING IS COMINGGG~!!!

Sigh. To digress to a slightly happier topic, I'm currently into Vanilla Twilight by Owl City and Try by Asher Book =] And in case you thought about it, no, I wasn't influenced by Iris who quoted Vanilla Twilight's lyrics on Facebook amongst other mushy lyrics as well. Sadly, I was once as madly in love as she is but I've learnt to numb myself to such feelings so I wouldn't feel sad at how it feels horribly one-sided, and even though I think the lyrics are very, very sweet and romantic, I can hardly try to envision it applied in my life anymore, which is partly why I've stopped sharing lyrics except for ones that are more descriptive of my mood. What happened to this hopeless romantic?


I've become so numb...
-Numb-
by Linkin Park

And I just realized I can't even stay on a happy note for more than two sentences. "Bravo."


stuck on you 11:21 pm

1 Hugs

Oh gosh.. do you even need to think which animal to write about?! ELEPHANTS of cos!!!! Think about it.. there are so many nice n interesting elephant traits that is very touching. Like how the parent of a dead baby elephant would mourn the death of it for days.. and how cute the baby elephant tags on their mamma's tail, how they hide in between their legs, how the TRUNK is used to make connections.. i'm talking nonsense i think.. BUT YOU N I KNOW YOU LOVE ELEPHANTS!!!! So, instead of going thru all the various amazing animals, focus on one and find more interesting facts about them! ;)

Btw, congrats on ur 100th unofficial post! =)

By Blogger sleepy, at 6:24 pm, April 08, 2010  

Give a hug




profile

.margaret.

.5 February.

.Aquarian.

.lost sheep.



wishes

.dance.

.DSLR.

.love and be loved.

.fly in the cockpit.

.ride a horse swiftly.









Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


tagboard




music

.爱错.
.Vanilla Twilight.
.Try by Asher Book.
.River Flows In You.
.Here I Am To Worship.
.Still.
.The Stand.
.From The Inside Out.
.Until We Bleed.



links

.Sleepy.
.A Quirky Girl's Thoughts.
.and this is what she said.
.Gutenberg.
.The Burgomeister's Books.
.Literature.org.
.it's furgerlicious!.



archives

August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
December 2005
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
February 2007
May 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
February 2008
May 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
July 2010
September 2010
October 2010
June 2011






credits

designerblog
designerblogskins
cbox
aethereality
adobephotoshopCS2